Climate Change & Business Program
Climate change poses significant challenges and opportunities for business. The Climate Change and Business Program focuses on using markets and business skills to identify and implement solutions to mitigate, adapt to, or reverse climate change and its impacts on society globally. The program offers courses, experiential learning opportunities, research, conferences and seminars that develop connections to bridge theory and practice.
Energy Focused Coursework
Columbia Business School is home to many leading experts in the climate change field, and has offered courses in this field for over a decade. In addition, Columbia students have the option of taking climate change electives across the university in disciplines including law, earth sciences, policy, public health, and engineering to name a few. Columbia Business School courses include:
- B8448 The Business of Climate Change: Investing and Managing in a Changing Environment
- B8363 Climate Finance
- B8219 New Developments in Energy Markets
- B8224 Energy and Resource Economics
- B8352 Financing Energy Markets
Students interested in this area may also register for the courses listed below:
- B8214 Business in Society: Doing Well by Doing Good?
- B8349 Finance and Sustainability
- B8423 Investor Influence on Corporate Sustainability
- B8762 Modern Political Economy
- B8767 Investing in Social Ventures
For more information visit CBS Climate Change & Business Program